Pages

Monday 11 July 2016

Eddie the eagle

Activity 1: Some Olympic athletes become famous not because they win but because they have an amazing attitude and great determination. They are sometimes called ‘underdogs.’ One of the most famous ‘underdogs’ in Olympic history was a man named Michael Edwards. He was a ski jumper from England who competed in the 1988 Olympic Games in Calgary, Canada. Although he came last in the event, he never gave up. Recently, a movie has been made about his life. It is calledEddie the Eagle.”  For this activity, watch the trailer for Eddie the Eagle and then post a summary of the movie on your blog. What is the movie about? just go search up the trailer

Summary:

it was about eddy trying to prove people wrong and prove that he can go to the olympics  and he took jumping very seriously even if he went to hospital or not he never stopped trying.
dear rachel williams  to support this summary i would like to put a song on  try everything






Activity 2:  In 1936, a 13 year old girl named Marjorie Gestring became the youngest person to ever win an Olympic gold medal. She won the gold medal in the springboard diving competition. Imagine that you were alive in 1936 and you had the chance to interview her. On your blog, post five questions that you would like to ask the Olympic champion (if you had the chance to meet her!).


1st question: what motivated you to do the springboard diving?

2nd question: how did it feel to find out you won?

3rd: question: did you love doing the olympics

4th question: was winning the springboard diving been your dream or no?

5th question: who inspired you who is your idol?


Bonus:  Jesse Owens was a black American athlete who participated in the 1936 Olympics in Berlin, Germany. He is considered to be one of the bravest and most inspirational Olympic athletes because he competed at a time when the leader of Germany (Adolf Hitler) did not want black men competing at the Olympic Games. Here is a picture of Jesse from the 1930s.C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Jesse Owens image.jpg

Can you think of someone in your own life that inspires you? On your blog, tell us who your inspirational person is and why they inspire you.

who inspires me?
my parents they always motivate me to try everything and enjoy myself while doing so
they are just amazing they are so helpful, kind, amazing and how many times they tell me not to give up and try try again and i yeah i'm just speechless actually, they are spectacular and they are my inspiration to get up in the morning and do everything at school my hardest and
i love them so so much for that so yeah they inspire me everyday.


4 comments:

  1. I am so inspired after reading your blog and listening to the song that you posted. I really like Shakira but I had never heard her song, "Try Everything" before today. Thanks for introducing me to it. I am going to share it with my friends and family.

    Speaking of family, I thought that your tribute to your family was just beautiful. They are clearly very supportive and loving. You're so lucky! My family is exactly the same way so I can relate to what you are writing about really easily :) I hope that you will share your blog with them so that they can see just how important they are to you. I am sure that they will be really touched!

    I am also sure that you would have been a great reporter as you came up with 6 really interesting questions for Marjorie! Your last question was actually two separate questions: 'Who inspired you?' and 'Who is your idol?'

    It's really too bad that Marjorie is no longer with us or else I would really want to ask her these questions and find out the answers. She must have had such an interesting life...

    I hope that life is going very well for you this holiday! I'll look forward to checking back on Thursday to see if you've had time to tackle Day 5 of the Winter Learning Journey challenge. I hope so!

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right, Anahere! It was a typo - sorry! It should have said, "Day 6" instead of "Day 5." Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete